Thursday, August 10, 2017

Squirrel starts Burnaby fire

A squirrel went rouge in Burnaby on Tuesday. Emergency crews were called to Scardillo Cheese in Burnaby just after 9 a.m. for a hydro pole on fire. According to B.C. Hydro, the blaze was sparked after a squirrel chewed through a piece of equipment. The fire knocked out power for over 150 Burnaby residents, but the cheese factory was hit hardest, with the fire affecting their main power line. It would be twelve hours before power was restored, during which time 82,000 litres of milk were spoiled.